The purpose of Procurement is to purchase goods and/or services for the organization. AUI procures certain services such as external audit services and legal services. The AUI Corporate Office has established that it:
- Seeks qualified vendors for the purchase of supplies and materials at lowest cost consistent with quality of materials and timeliness of delivery.
- Prohibits the use of AUI resources for the procurement of materials or services solely for the personal use of anyone funded directly by the AUI.
- Prohibits procurements from a vendor where AUI Corporate Office staff have a substantial interest in the business affairs of that vendor.
- Prohibits the solicitation or acceptance of any gratuities from vendors.
Small purchase – An item or items of low unit cost such as office and computer expenses. A small purchase will generally not exceed $1,000 in total.
Large purchase – An item with a cost of $3,000 or more capped at a limit of $50,000 for a single purchase.
- The AUI Office Manager does a cost/price analysis to determine where the order will be placed.
- Once the vendor is selected the purchase request is forwarded to the AUI Controller for review and approval.
- The purchase is then made by the AUI Office Manager.
- For large purchases the AUI Office Manager gives a purchase request to the NRAO Buyer located in Green Bank, WV who is responsible for AUI procurements. The NRAO Buyer will contact vendors to determine pricing for the item. The NRAO Buyer acquires 3 written quotes and forwards the quotes to the AUI Controller for review and approval. Then the item is purchased by the NRAO Buyer.